- David Humphreys, after donating $2.5 million since 2012, said, "At some point, you have to look in the mirror and recognize that you cannot possibly justify support for Trump to your children — especially your daughters.”
- Bruce Kovner donated $2.7 million since 2012 wrote of Trump, "He is a dangerous demagogue completely unsuited to the responsibilities of a United States president.... Even for loyalists, there is a line beyond which the obvious moral failings of a candidate are impossible to disregard.... That line has been clearly breached.”
- William Oberndorf donated more than $3 million since 2102 said, "The R.N.C. long ago should have cut ties with Donald Trump.... Reince should be fired and replaced with someone who has the competence and leadership skills to rebuild the R.N.C.”
- Al Hoffman, a former RNC finance chairman and donor said, "We’re headed for destruction.... I just hope we can find a group of conservatives and moderates who are rational thinkers to re-establish the party."
- Mark DeMoss, a fundraiser for Mitt Romney, said about Trump's campaign, "I’m very distraught about it.... I just think it’s the most shallow, petty, immature presidential race of my lifetime. I’m 54… I’m not sure how we got here and I’m not sure where we go from here, either.... But I wouldn’t give a dollar to the RNC if it was a joint funding project with the Trump campaign."
Newspapers that have typically endorsed Republican candidates have strongly endorsed Clinton and denounced Trump as unfit. Two notable papers are the Arizona Republic and a member of the Wall Street Journal's editorial board.
To Trump supporters, I can only say this. Your candidate is insane, and I mean no disrespect to people suffering from mental illnesses. He regularly incites violence, has admitted to sexually assaulting women, lies incessantly, and is now making excuses because of his own incompetencies for his inevitable defeat on November 8th .
My recommendations are simple. Stop watching Fox "News", and if you feel that you must vote for Trump, start making excuses now for how you will answer your grandchildren when they ask why you supported someone you wouldn't trust with their mother.
John L. Ferri